It is this time of year again – Christmas time is when we celebrate, see family and out bank account groan under the strain of expensive presents, unusual food, and selected wines.
In brief, this is the time when we can all do with a bit of help towards the anticipated and accidental expenses we incur. A group of us, UK money bloggers, got together and came up with a plan to help eight lucky winners among you.
The ones among you who fail to win our giveaway take heart: we also have words of wisdom for the holiday season that can save you hundreds. Here at The Money Principle, we believe that:
- Christmas is about love and joy with family and friends; not about presents.
- Don’t go buying mountains of Christmas presents; you are wasting your money.
- Buy thoughtful Christmas presents. For my children, I used to buy presents I know they were dreaming about. For adults, including all my sons now, we buy something we know they would enjoy but they are not likely to buy themselves; a little luxury perhaps. When possible, this luxury is an experience rather than a thing.
- Buy high-quality food rather than a lot of food. Don’t allow tradition to spoil your joy – we never have turkey, for example, because we don’t really like it. We prefer chicken or roasted pork, and this is what we cook.
- Don’t overdo the drink. Seriously, your aim should be to remember the good time you had; not to drink yourselves insensible.
Whatever I say, you’d overdo it, I know. (I overdo the food every year myself.) Have the good sense to use the leftovers.
Now, let me get back to the UK money bloggers giveaway and how you can enter the competition to win one of the eight prices we offer.
Some of the UK Money Bloggers have teamed up to offer you a fantastic prize selection. There are eight Christmas Afternoon Treats with Flowers M&S hampers up for grabs, worth £50 each. That means eight lucky winners will receive a hamper in time for Christmas!
Meet the bloggers taking part
The bloggers taking part in this festive giveaway are:
EmmaDrew.Info | Shoestring Cottage | Your Money Sorted | Thrifty Londoner | Much More With Less | Thrifty Lesley | Pounds and Sense | The Money Whisperer | Inspiring Life Design | Budgeting is a Challenge
Bee Money Savvy | Joleisa | Mind Over Money Matters | The Reverend | Charlotte Musha | Earning By The Sea | SueFoster.Info | Katie Saves | The Money Saving Mum | MamaFurFur | Daily Deals UK | Thrifty Husband
Everyday, Freebies and More | Melanie’s Fab Finds | Mrs MummyPenny | Bronni | Brit on a Budget | Miss Penny Money | Your Best Friend’s Guide to Cash | Money Blog Scotland | I Beat Debt | The Savvy Sisters
Looking After Your Pennies | Bang on Blanks | Miss Manypennies | Lylia Rose | SavvyMumUK | Monethalia | The Female Money Doctor | Broke Girl in the City | Mummy Saver Money Maker | Mum on a Budget | Bargain Bunny | Not Taught at School | Savings 4 Savvy Mums
Glitz & Glamour Makeup | Debt Free Family | Side Hustle Directory | The Somerset Foodie | Financial Expert | Get Paid to F.A.R.T | Savvy in Somerset | A Thrifty Gamer | Mrs Pinch | TuppennysFIREplace | Reinventing Neesha | Alieshia | Sunshine and Rain | Thrifty Chap
Skinny Spending | Money Making Mum | My Money Cottage | Money Tips Blog | Emily Brookes | Frugal Family | Beauty Markdown | Boost My Budget | Make Money Without a Job | Family Budgeting | The Mini Millionaire
There are eight Christmas Afternoon Treats with Flowers M&S hampers up for grabs, worth £50 each.
If the hamper is no longer available when the winners are drawn then the winners will be offered an alternative hamper from M&S worth £50 each.
Enter to win
To enter simply complete any or all of the Rafflecopter entry widget options below.
The competition closes at midnight on 14th December 2019. If the hamper selected is sold out then we will offer an alternative M&S hamper worth £50. You can see the widget for the full terms and conditions of this giveaway.
There are plenty of ways to enter this giveaway.