Editor’s note: This is a guest post by Millionaire Mob, a blog focused on ways to improve your financial future. They have helped thousands of people with bettering their financial future through passive income, dividend investing and travel hacking. In this post you’d find ways to save money on travel to Paris,
Paris is such an amazing city. The City of Lights is filled with amazing experiences, culture, architecture, food, theatre and so much more. You can’t do it all in a short period of time or with a strict budget. A city filled with as much history and culture is usually not cheap. However, there are plenty of travel tips and travel hacks to consider in your Paris journey.
There are a number of different components to travel hacking, which include the following:
- Credit Card Churning: Churning is the act of repeatedly opening credit cards that offer welcome bonuses for travel to earn significant travel rewards points.
- Manufactured Spending: Manufactured spending is spending money artificially to earn cash back or travel points. You usually spend money on things that you can eventually turn into cash that can be used to repay your spending.
- Travel hacking without credit cards: This is the other component to travel hacking. It is travel hacking without credit cards. This is everything in between that you need to do to travel efficiently and within your budget, which includes using the right tools to book award travel, getting the most value out of your travel, hacks that allow for you to get into museums for free and more. Here is a list of ways to travel hack without a credit card.
Top Travel Hacks to Consider for Your Trip to Paris
During the list of travel hacks, we will consider all of the travel hacking options without a credit card. Let’s get into my list of ways to travel hack Paris.
- Eat Amazing, but Affordably
Paris has some of the most expensive restaurants in the world. Expensive food does not mean good food. Additionally, a number of traditional Parisian cafes aren’t café style pricing. They can feature a full French breakfast with multiple courses. Sometimes you simply don’t need all of that in a dining experience.
Here are several ways to eat amazing, but affordably in Paris:
- Picnic in the parks: There are so many amazing parks in Paris to consider. Why not buy a baguette and cheeses and create your own picnic in the park? I love the Jardin du Luxembourg during the day time.
- Opt for a Boulangerie: In my opinion, boulangeries have the best food. I love the simplicity of the baguettes and sandwiches. Oftentimes, you can get significantly more value for your money at a boulangerie than a full café experience.
- Visit the Churches and Cathedrals
If you only have so much time in Paris, I would encourage you to visit the cathedrals over the full museum experiences. I love the Louvre. However, Paris has some of the best cathedrals in the world and the best part is they are basically all FREE! Two of the must-see cathedrals in Paris include Notre-Dame and Sacre Couer. Save money by taking in the architecture of these cathedrals and the outstanding views.
You know the saying some of the best things in life are free? Well, Paris is full of amazing free entertainment. Here are several ways to enjoy entertainment in Paris for free or little to no cost:
- Enjoy dancing and French music along the river on Sundays.
- Walk around Montmarte and gaze at the artists and their easels. Montmarte is the hill on the north side of Paris and is world renowned for art. This is where Pablo Picasso, Vincent Van Gogh, Pierre-Auguste Renoir and many others used to hang out.
- Gaze the city lights at night time. There is a reason why Paris is called the City of Lights. A walk through the city is simply the most enjoyable, serene experience in the world. Find a spot where you can gaze at the Eiffel Tower and watch is sparkle around 22:00 pm Paris time.
Conclusion on Travel Hacking Paris
Paris is one of my favorite cities in the world. I actually enjoy taking in the culture more than visiting the landmarks of the city. There are so many ways to enjoy Paris than allowing the expensiveness overtake your wallet. Plus, if you enjoy the culture and experience over the landmarks you will be walking away with a rich life of stories and memories.
You can always find a picture of landmark to revisit your experience, but the culture will provide an everlasting, priceless memory.
Author Bio: Millionaire Mob is where people come together to find the best travel deals and financial advice. We specialize in dividend growth investing, passive income, and travel hacking. Our advice has helped thousands travel the world and achieve financial freedom. Follow me on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.