Yes, I know that Sunday is the day for The Money Principle top money tips.
This is one thing I can’t do while on holiday: I haven’t browsed the web for the best pickings for two weeks now.
And it isn’t that I’m trying to switch of: reading blogs is part of my fun.
It is the Internet; or the lack of it. Here we can buy three days Wi-Fi for 10 euro and the connection is not good; I would have had to sit in the lobby to be able to work.
I’ve been using my roaming internet (and had to buy some more).
This is why, today I decided to offer you some random Sunday thoughts and some pictures I took.
- There are people who as white as John and me (our son tans beautifully). Gosh, there are even people who are whiter than us.
- We seem to be the only people on the beach who have no tattoos. Some people have too many tattoos – they look like Viking warriors. Yes, the girls as well.
- Water tastes terrific when you are so thirsty you simply cannot wait to have a drink; and it is so cold that sweaty beads trickle down the bottle as you drink.
- Playing ‘Bat and Ball’ on the beach is fun; it can be a substitute to meditating (if you are looking for a substitute for meditating).
- Even small waves are very powerful. One knocked me down today and I was only up to my waist deep.
- There are hardly any British people here.
- There are no Russians here; is it normal or is it the situation in Russia?
- I wonder why there are so many French people here; and Spanish as well.
- I was embarrassed by my body when we came. Tried to sunbathe in whole swim suits and it sucks. I looked around – there are many women who have 20 kg more than me and 20 years less than me. I bought bikini suit!
- Every day I go ‘walk abouts’ on the beach. It is a combination of walking and swimming when it’s high tide.
- Have been sleeping a lot. Pity I dunked my Jawbone band in the sea on the third day: would have loved to see that I sleep over 7 hours per night and move over 15,000 steps a day. Oh, well!
- There is a waitress at the bar who looks like my sister. And the guy who rents the sun-shades on the beach looks like our local butcher. We call him ‘Frank’.
- John and PNL (our youngest son) are off shark fishing tomorrow. I’m staying put: if they have me on a boat for three hours I’ll jump in with the sharks.
- PNL and I have not argued for three days now. Which is some kind of record. I wonder what the next argument will be.
- I refused to let PNL in the apartment before he brushes the sand off his feet. I did it! John did it! Later, in the bathroom, I took my swim suit off and…a mound of sand deposited itself on the floor. Authority crashing!
Meanwhile, life on the internet goes on and The Money Principle was included in the following personal finance carnivals:
Aspiring Blogger Financial Carnival hosted by Aspiring Blogger
Yakezie Carnival hosted by Mom Makes Cents
Finance Carnival For Young Adults hosted by Smart Budgeting
Lifestyle Carnival hosted by Business Action For Water
Carnival of Money hosted by Carnival of Money
Carnival of Financial Planning B hosted by Your PF Pro
This is all for now. Wish you a successful week and speak soon.