My name is Maria and I’m the one who created this website for you. The Money Principle is where I teach people in money trouble how to achieve financial health and build sustainable wealth by informing, educating, motivating and entertaining.
Before I tell you a bit more about me let’s talk about you.
So, let me guess.
- You’ve had enough of being in debt;
- You’ve had enough of finding that your month is longer than your pay check;
- You’ve had enough of giving up on your dreams because you have no money;
- You’ve had enough of hearing that it is too late to change your finances and your life.
You are also:
- Open minded;
- Eager for change; and
Does this sound like you?
If it does, you can exhale and get a drink – you have arrived home.
The Money Principle is built around two core beliefs:
- One, I believe it’s wrong to live with the worry about the next debt payment, about losing your house, your job or whether you’d have dignity in old age.
- And two, I believe that anyone can achieve financial health by learning and doing.
Are you ready to learn and do? Let’s get started.
Now let me tell you a bit about myself.
My name is Maria, I’m a business school professor and I learned about money the hard way.
At the end of 2009 we were £100,000 in consumer debt. How did I take it? Badly; very badly. I cried; I raged and I felt sorry for myself. Then one morning I woke up and I’d had enough. There and then, I decided that I’ll learn all there is to know about money and I’ll act fearlessly even when I was afraid.
We paid off £100,000 in three years. And this is not all.
I never saw paying off our debt as the end of it. My next step was to build up our savings. After that, I started learning about investing; and investing.
I flipped our finances in five years from £100,000 consumer debt to over £100,000 new investments.
And I keep going. Now that I’ve achieved financial health, my next aim is be comfortably financially independent by October 2018.
On this website, The Money Principle, I want to show you how I achieved financial health and help you do the same.
Welcome to a community that is becoming financially healthy. I’m glad you are here.